○ Create and add a certificate
It is possible in aNewSpring to hand out a certificate to your learners. This article attends the steps you should take to make this possible.
Create your own certificate.
We have an article about OpenOffice Draw that includes a few example PDF files.
1. You can use for example Adobe Acrobat, Open Office Draw or InDesign to create your own design.
2. Add fields with codes to the certificate, these will later be filled in automatically when the learner opens the certificate. It is important to use the codes mentioned below or else the certificate won't work properly. The data which the learner provided (this shouldn't have to be all fields) will then be filled in.
courseTitle = Course Title
blockName = Name of the block
certificateName = Name of the activity
score = displays the score of an activity on the certificate. This field will only be filled when you enable Display activity score on certificate in the Properties of the certificate activity, and select an activity.
accessCode = A code that will be filled in by the system automatically which is necessary for the certificate checker.
certificateDate = Date of issue
externalId = External ID via SSO
login = Login name, most of the time this is the learners' email address
gender = Gender
title = Title
firstName = First name. For example: David
middleName = Prefix. For example: von
lastName = Last name. For example: Trapp
fullName = First name + Middle name + Last name. For example: David von Trapp
formalName = Last name, First name. For example: Trapp, David von
middleAndLastName = A combination of prefix and last name. For example: von Trapp
initials = Initials
email = Email address
company = Company
function = Function
dateOfBirth = Date of birth
telephoneNumber = Telephone number
faxNumber = Fax number
cellPhoneNumber = Mobile phone number
address = Address (Street name and number)
zip = Zip code
residence = Place of residence
country = Country
invoiceAddress = Invoice address, street name and number
invoiceZip = Invoice zip code
invoiceResidence = Invoice residence
invoiceCountry = Invoice country
Custom1 = Field added for our clients
Custom2 = Field added for our clients
Custom3 = Field added for our clients
3. When you're satisfied with the look of your certificate and you've added all the codes you need, you save the certificate as a PDF file.
4. Next you import the PDF file with the import function at the content folder. See the tutorial Importing and exporting content.
5. Link this content folder to the template that should hold the certificate.
Did you create a template? Read the article Selecting content to use in a template.
6. Click + Activity and create a new 'Certificate' activity. Click 'Edit'.
Select the PDF file and click Update.
At the conditions tab you can indicate when a certificate should become available.
7. Test the activity accurately before you publish the template.
It is possible to let us place a certificate checker for your in your environment which will be visible at the home page when logged out. Everyone that receives a certificate generated by the system will be able to check the authenticity of the certificate with this checker. That is why it is important to add 'accessCode' to the certificate or else the verification will not be possible.
Contact the support team to turn on the certificate checker.