○ Course settings - Add instructors and mentors
- You want to link instructors and/or mentors to a course so they can keep track of the progress of the learners.
You can find the differences between these two roles in the article Which roles and rights can I give users in aNewSpring?
Which role do you need?
1) Create an instructor or/and mentor group
You can link instructors and mentors to courses by using a group. It has the benefit that you only need to create this group once and you can then link it to multiple courses.
2) Link the group to a course
Go to the Templates tab and expand the template. Click on the name of the course and go to the tab Instructors.
Select a Instructor and/or Mentor group here that you've created.
3) Set the rights of the instructors
All rights are enabled by default. You can disable them per instructor to assign more rights to one instructor than to another.
In the settings, instructors can change the following in the course:
- Fill the documentation widget with text and files, for example handouts of presentations.
- Change the MemoTrainer settings, only if the learners should prepare themselves for a test or if this is knowledge maintenance.
- Set activities to active or inactive in the learning journey and notify learners about newly activated activities.
- Give learners access to an activity if it has a condition that gives learners explicit access.
- Change the date that an activity becomes available if it has a date condition.
- Add a link and description (e.g. date and time) to a webinar activity.
- Add calendar items and notify learners about this
- Create a planning
The instructor can create a specific group of learners to teach. The instructor can set up what you (as an administrator) can set up under 'Manage instructor learner'.
The instructor can send and receive messages from learners.
The instructor receives notifications of completed activities that you selected under the tab Activities.
The instructor can assess open questions, Hand-in assignments and 360° feedback. Specify this at the Activities tab.
- Link Instructor and learner (groups) in a course