○ Tutorial: Create a demo to promote your course
- You would like to add a demo in aNewSpring to promote your official learning journey, which will not cost you any learner license.
Designer, Administrator, Reseller and Tenant
1) Create a template
Under the tab Templates, click on + Template and choose the purpose "To create a demo".
These are the features of a demo:
- If a learner subscribes to the demo, it will cost you no learner licenses.
- Learners will have access to it for 10 days.
- You can add a maximum of 15 questions and/or content parts.
- You can add one SCORM
- It is not possible to add a hand-in assignment or another activity where an instructor has to assess the assignments.
- It is not possible for learners to discuss with other learners.
- It is possible to add a mentor, but not an instructor.
- Which functionalities should I activate in the template?
2) Tips and tricks
For more information on course structure, see the article 'Scenario: how do I create a basic course?'
You can add a maximum of 15 questions and/or content parts
Therefore do not create to much content for the demo. Try to make your potential customers curious and let them know what the can expect of the whole course .
Do you want to demonstrate the MemoTrainer?
The best way is to demonstrate the MemoTrainer is to add 'Directly MemoTrainable questions'. If the learner starts with the demo, he can directly start with the MemoTraining.
Add a custom widget
By adding custom widget, you can personalise your demo to add an introduction video. Also see the article 'Add widgets'.
Add an inquiry
If you would like to find out if the participants want to buy the whole course, you could add an inquiry activity to the learning journey to gauge that. You can put multiple question types of the type evaluation in an inquiry. You only have space for 15 questions/content parts in the demo. Because of that you could add one evaluation question where you ask several questions. You can use the matrix or the open question for that. And maybe you can give the learner some discount for filling in the survey.
3) Publish the template and create a course
If you publish the template, you can create a course. You can do so under Templates by clicking on + Course.
4) Turn on the catalogue
The tab Settings is only visible for persons who has the tenant role. Turn on the following settings:
Catalogue - Available when logged out
Demos - Show available demos in catalogue
Before you can add products, you have to choose a Catalogue manager. This is a user with the Reseller role.
Users have the option to ask a question, which the catalogue manager will receive.
5) Add the demo to the catalogue
Go to the tab Reseller. Add a catalogue product of this course and choose the purchase method Demo. You will find how to do this here: Using the catalogue.
Add the settings for a demo product. You can choose the option 'Learners can give permission to be contacted for personalised offers'. Students will see the opt-in check mark at the bottom of the form when they create an account to access the demo. Step 8 of this tutorial describes how you can approach the learners who gave permission.
6) Add a link of the demo on your website
Take the following link as base: http://yourenvironment.anewspring.com/do?action=addDemoProduct&productId=2
1) Fill in the URL of your own aNewSpring environment in place of yourenvironment.anewspring.com.
2) Click via the tab Resellers Configure at the demo product. At the end of the URL you can find the 'id' and it is shown as a number. Replace '2' with that number.
Now you can use this link on your website or in a newsletter to ensure that many people will check out your demo.
7) Check the results of the learners
To check the results of the inquiry and other activities, you can add a mentor to the demo. With the mentor role you can see the results and statistics of the learners.
How you create a mentor group see the article Managing groups.
If you are a mentor for the demo course, you can check the answers of the inquiry by going to the 'Instruct'-tab and clicking on 'More'. Then select 'User progress and results'. On the left side, select the inquiry activity and then on the 'Results per question'-tab to see the answers they have given.
8) Mail learners who have given permission to be approached for personalised offers
You cannot approach participants who have given permission directly from aNewSpring, but you can make an export and extract the e-mail addresses. To do this, go to the Reseller tab and click on the Orders button at the top right.
Click the Export orders button and choose the data between which the orders were placed. After clicking on OK, a .csv file will be downloaded. The persons with 'Yes' under the Permission column may be approached.