○ Creating instructor and mentor groups
- You would like to add instructors and/or mentors to a course.
What role do you need?
Only using groups, you can link instructors and mentors to a course.
Click Groups under the Users tab. You will see a tab per group. The way of creating groups is the same for both types.
You can only link instructors to courses of templates of the Blended, Social or Game Based Learning type. You can link mentors to all types.
1) Create the instructor/mentor group
Click + Instructor group or + Mentor group and fill in the name in the popup.
2) Add the instructors/mentors to the group
Click the Add button to place them in a group.
3) Unlinking instructors/mentors
You can unlink them from the overview one by one. Or click Edit at a group, then you can unlink instructors/mentors in bulk.
You can check multiple checkboxes at once by clicking and dragging.
4) Link the subenvironment and other settings
This step is optional. If you link a subenvironment, users with the reseller role (that also have access to that subenvironment) can link the group to a course they create.
To do this, click More and Link subenvironments.
Has access to ...
Below you will find the courses that are linked to the group.
Fill this in if you want to import instructors or mentors to a group.
Which courses are linked to the group?
You can find this under the Settings tab in the group.
- Importing users
Once you have created the groups, you can import instructors/mentors to the group.
- Which roles and rights can I assign to users in aNewSpring?
For the differences between instructors and mentors.
- Adding instructors to a course
- Adding mentors to a course