○ Course settings - Tab: Managing instructor learner
What can I do on the Managing instructor learner tab at the course settings?
Link a specific group of learners to a instructor. The instructor can only guide these specific learners. Learners can only ask questions to instructor(s) they have been linked to.
Where can I link/unlink the instructors and learners?
Expand the template under the Templates tab so the course appears. Click Settings. Or click Edit in the template to go to the Courses tab. Click the name of the course.
How can I link/unlink the instructors and learners?
Unlinking instructors and learners from everyone
Check the instructor(s) under the Instructors tab or check the learner(s) under the Learners tab and click Unlink all.
Linking or unlinking specific instructors learners
Click the button Learners under the Instructors tab or click the button Instructors under the Learners tab.
Depending on the tab, you will either get an overview of the learners that are linked to the concerning instructor or you will get an overview of the instructors that are linked to the concerning learner. Check the learners or instructors that you want to unlink from the concerning user and click Unlink.
To link users, click + Learner or + Instructor and select the learner or instructor you want to link.
Tips and tricks
- If you have multiple courses that has the same learners and instructors, you can make these settings the same for all courses. Check For all courses when unlinking or linking learners to instructors.
- Place your cursor on the column Linked behind a learner. Then you will see which instructors are linked to this learner.
- Instructors have a graduation cap icon to distinguish them from learners.
- You can select multiple learners at the same time by clicking a checkbox and dragging over the other checkboxes: