○ How do I create a template?
- You want to create a new learning journey for your learners
- There is an existing template on which you want to base the new one
Necessary roles to perform this tutorial
Go to the Templates tab.
1) Add a template
We also call a template a 'learning journey' because this is what you make for your learners. To start, click + Template .
Copy an existing template if you want to base the new learning journey on this. Click on the More and Copy button .
2) Give the template a name
This must be unique and will not be visible to the learners.
3) Choose a template type and the associated features
You can choose from 7 different template types and it differs per type which Template functionalities you can use.
In a template of the type E-learning, you do not have the possibility to activate the discussion function.
4) Set up the content library
This step is only possible if you have the 'Administrator' role in addition to 'Designer'. If you are only a designer, after creating the template you can go to the Content tab to choose the content library you have access to.
In the content library you will find all the content that is used in this template. You can reuse the content.
By default, a new content library is created, but you can also select existing libraries.
5) Advanced settings (optional)
There are 3 settings.
External ID can be used if you connect with an external system.
'Course completing activity' and 'Base course grade on' are used if the course is going to be played through LTI, SCORM and AICC.
- Which template type should I choose?
- Which functionalities will I activate in the template?
- The structure of aNewSpring
To better understand the relationship between the content libraries and the templates.