You can sell courses by putting them in the catalogue.
1) Select a catalogue manager and turn on the catalogue
Before you set up the catalogue, the tenant has to select the catalogue manager in Settings. If you want to use access codes (more about that below), you will also need to select the box Enabled at Access code.
Make the catalogue available and choose a catalogue manager who will receive notifications of new orders. This person should have the role 'Reseller' and be linked to the appropriate subenvironment.
2) Create a course
After creating a template and publishing it, you need to create a course.
See Creating a course.
3) Link a product directly to a product or by an access code group
Choose the access code group option when you want to give your customer the opportunity to buy more then a single copy of the product. For example, consider a scenario where a teacher purchases the course for his students. After the order, he will receive multiple access codes in his inbox which he can distribute among his students.
A) Connect the course directly to a product
Go to Courses, click More next to the course you want to add and then choose Add to new catalogue product.
After creating the product, you can edit it directly.
A1) Optional - Add multiple courses to the product
Scroll down and click +Course in the catalogue products.
Continue to Step 4.
B) Link the course to a access code group
B1) Create an access code group
B2) Create a catalogue product
Click + Product on the Reseller tab. Scroll down, switch to Access code group and select the access code group you created.
Please note that, in this case, you have to enable the access codes in step 1. Participants can then use the access code on the login screen (or home screen when already logged in) to create an account. Make sure that the access code option is enabled in Settings.
4) Set up the catalogue product
- Upload a product image. The ideal size is 134 x 140 px.
- A short description will be shown under the title within the product tile in the catalogue.
- The recommended size of the header image is (at least) 1230 x 300px. For high-screen resolutions, a wider image is preferred.
- The description used for product details.
5) Choose the subenvironment and create product categories
Click the tab Settings and Pricing. Choose in which subenvironment this product has to be published. You can categorise the products in the catalogue. Click +Product category and fill in the name of the category.
6) Determine the purchase method
- Paid. For this, you will need to be connected to Stripe, Buckaroo and/or PayPal. A learner will automatically receive either an access code or a registration link after a successful payment. You will need to buy licences to access this option.
- Free (with approval). The catalogue manager will receive an email when a learner requests the product. The catalogue manager will have to approve this before the learner automatically receives the access code or registration link. You will need to buy licences to access this option.
- Free (Direct access). This is only available for catalogue products without access codes. A learner can request the course and will immediately get access. You will need to buy licences to access this option.
- Demo. This is only available for catalogue products without access codes. Check For anonymous learners and an anonymous user will automatically be created (if the user is not logged in yet) and will have access to the demo right away. If this option is unchecked, the user will be directed to a form to create an account first. You will need to buy licences to access this option only if the course is not based on the demo-type template.
7) Publish the product in the catalogue
After setting up the product, click Publish to make it available in the catalogue. Users that buy this product will receive (A) a registration link or (B) an access code via email after successful payment.
If you want to change the currency to USD, please contact the support team.
8) Provide a sufficient license balance
See Buying licenses.