This tutorial shows you how you can create accounts for learners in aNewSpring.
1) Adding a new user
Go to the Users tab and click + User.
Enter the details of the new user. Fields with an asterisk are mandatory.
When a learner starts with his first course, the year of the license will begin. When the learner has an active course subscription afther that year, the license will be renewed. You can prevent this by uncheck License is renewable, then the learner will be archived.
Finally, click Create to finalise the account.
Each email address can only be used for one account. For a new user, you must enter a unique email address.
2) Manage user rights and roles
- Learner: takes a course. (for each learner that is registered for a course, a paid license is listed)
- Instructor: tutors an active course.
- Author: can place educational materials such as questions and content in the system.
- Designer: can create templates out of existing questions and course content.
- Mentor: a third party who can monitor the efforts and progress of the learners.
- Reseller: can create access codes and manage the course catalogue.
- Administrator: manages the learning environment. Responsible, among other things, for creating content folders and managing users.
- Tenant: has the tab 'Getting Started' from which licences can be purchased. (This check box is only visible if you have the role 'Tenant')
Read more details about this in: Roles and rights of users within the aNewSpring platform
Next tabs will appear where the privileges of the roles can be set.
You can enrol learners in a course by clicking on + Subscription. Choose one or more courses from the pop-up and click Update.
Adding a learner to a group works the same as enrolling. The learner is then immediately enrolled in all courses that are united in that group.
Use the import function when you have a lot of learners/users to add into aNewSpring. Read more about: Importing users
An instructor must be enrolled in an instructor group before they can tutor learners. When you click + Group, a popup with all instructor groups will appear. Select one or more and click Update.
Click + Content folder to add content folders that the author may fill with questions and content. A pop-up will appear. Select one or more content folders and click Update.
Click + Content folder to add content folders that the designer may use to create a course template. Select one or more content folders from the pop-up and click Update.
Do you want to link a designer to an existing course template? Then select all content folders that are used in that course template from the heading 'designer'.
Read more about: Why can't the designer edit a course template?
A mentor must be enrolled in a mentor group before he can view the progress of learners.
Click + Group and a pop-up with all mentor groups will appear. Select one or more and click Update.
A reseller can create access codes for a course and manage the catalogue. Click +Sub-environment to choose an environment, click Update to confirm.