Everything that has been linked to the course template after it was published, has to be detached or removed, in order to delete the template itself.
The following can be linked to the course template:
- Catalogue products
In order to succesfully delete a course template the items, as mentioned above, have to be detached or removed. In the following steps, we will tell you just how to do that.
Step 1: Remove orders
To remove a catalogue product, all orders related to the product have to be removed.
For your information: a product in the catalogue is is connected to an access code group. This way, learners who place an order will receive an access code from this particular access code group.
In turn, this access code group is linked to the course, which gives learners access to the course when they cash their access code.
To find out which orders to remove, it is best to search within the access code group itself. The order number is shown behind the access code when it is handed out to the learner who ordered the course.
- Click on the tab 'Courses' and open the settings of the course(s) who are linked to the template you want to remove.
- When looking at the settings tab, you will find the linked access code group(s). Click on the access code group.
- Within this access code group you will find the access codes that are handed out with the accompanying order codes. Click on the order number to take a look at the details.
- When in the overview, first click on decline and then afterwards (or immediatly) on delete order.
- When multiple accesscode groups are linked to a course, repeat the process.
Next up: step 2
Step 2: Remove the catalogue product
Click on Catalogue whilst in the 'Reseller' tab. When opening the button 'More' you are now able to Depublish and Remove the catalogue product.
To find out which catalogue products are linked to which access code groups, you can click on the small black dot in the column Used.
These groups have to be removed before you are able to delete the rest of the list.
Click on the product to Depublish and then, via the button 'More', click on Remove.
You are getting there, just a few small steps left!
Step 3: Unsubscribe learners
Navigate to the tab 'Courses' and select Settings at the course that is linked to the template you want removed. Next click on the tab Learners.
- Learners with the status 'new' first have to be Activated.
- Afterwards select all the learners and choose the option Unsubscribe.
You made it half way! Continue to step 4.
Step 4: Remove the courses
Return to the tab Courses and choose Delete when opening the button 'More' at the course you need to remove. When it is not possible to delete the course it is still avaiable as a catalogue product.
Just one last step...
Step 5: Depublish and delete the template
To complete the cycle, click on 'More' behind the template and select Depublish.
Once the template is depublished, you are able to delete it.
That did the trick, well done!