Give users in aNewSpring the right roles and permissions.
1A) Go to step 2 if you just added a user manually
See also: Create accounts for new users (manually)
1B) Click the tab users to find the user and click Roles
2) Add the role(s) to the user and click Update
- Learner: takes a course. (for each learner that is registered for a course, a paid license is listed)
- Instructor: tutors an active course.
- Author: can place educational materials such as questions and content in the system.
- Designer: can create templates out of existing questions and course content.
- Mentor: a third party who can monitor the efforts and progress of the learners.
- Reseller: can create access codes and manage the course catalogue.
- Administrator: manages the learning environment. Responsible, among other things, for creating content libraries and managing users.
- Tenant: has the tab 'Getting Started' from which licences can be purchased. (This check box is only visible if you have the role 'Tenant')
Read more details about this in: Roles and rights of users within the aNewSpring platform
Next tabs will appear where the permissions of the roles can be set.
3) Set up the permission per role
A) Enrol a learner to a course
Click + Subscription and choose one or more courses from the pop-up and click Update.
Adding a learner to a group works the same as enrolling. The learner is then immediately enrolled in all courses that are united in that group.
Use the import function when you have a lot of learners/users to add into aNewSpring. Read more about: Importing users
B) Enrol the Instructor to an instructor group
An instructor must be enrolled in an instructor group before they can tutor learners. When you click + Group, a popup with all instructor groups will appear. Select one or more and click Update.
C) Give the author permission to manage content libraries
Click + Content Library to add content folders that the author may fill with questions and content. A pop-up will appear. Select one or more content libraries and click Update.
D) Give the designer permission to use content libraries for creating templates
Click + Content library to add content libraries that the designer may use to create a course template. Select one or more content libraries from the pop-up and click Update.
Do you want to link a designer to an existing course template? Then select all content libraries that are used in that course template from the heading 'designer'.
Read more: Why can't the designer edit a template?
E) Enrol the mentor to a mentor group
A mentor must be enrolled in a mentor group before he can view the progress of learners.
Click + Group and a pop-up with all mentor groups will appear. Select one or more and click Update.
F) Give the reseller access to an sub-environment
A reseller can create access codes for a course and manage the catalogue. Click +Sub-environment to choose an environment, click Update to confirm.