Each release we make aNewSpring even more user friendly and give it extra features.
Below is a list of recent updates. We will update this list if a new version of aNewSpring is being released.
May (8th) 2018 - release 74
- Now possible to view the privacy statement you have added to the platform when an user logs in or when an account is being created.
- Now able to add notifications per template, which are send based on conditions you have set.
- Instructor can now view per learner what needs to be assessed, not just by activity. This makes it easy for an instructor to view all work that has been handed-in by the learner and view it again later as well.
- Now able to add a privacy statement to each (sub)environment, per language.
- HTST option at the HTTPS options at advanced settings.
- 'Privacy by default'. Only the first name, 'middle name', last name, e-mail address and password are visible by default at new (sub)environments).
- Navigation enhanced: consistency within the platform navigation with new 'header' and bread crumbs.
- API-calls getStudentTeachers and getTeacherStudents added.
- All users that are added to aNewSpring, via any entrance save API, will now be linked to their respective subenvironment (only for sub admin management).
- LTI configuration: link added if a custom paramater is not available
March 2018 - release 73
- Drag & Drop activities, blocks and widgets
- Activities no longer need unique names.
- Main 'courses' tab renamed to 'Templates', including all text related to 'templates'.
- 'Course content' renamed to 'Content'.
- 'To do' renamed to 'Blocks & Activities'.
- Events are no longer linked to event activities (see below)
- Manage administrator rights:
- Subscribe learners.
- Create and manage courses
- Manage existing events in courses
- Create and manage content libraries
- View user overview
- Create users and manage personal data
- Manage roles
- Manage groups
- Create and manage events
- Create and manage reports
- Events are added to courses by administrator
- When you remove learners in a user group, you now get the following options:
- Only remove from group.
- Remove from group and make courses expire.
- Remove from group, delete subscriptions and results.
- When you import users via Excel, you can now directly link them to a subenvironment.
- Notifications on free products made adjustable.
- At the reporting engine you can now add:
- Template name and title.
- Block name.
- 'Course completing activity'; the score, status and date of completion.
- 'Base course grade on'; the score, status and date of completion.
December 2017 - release 72
- Login screens changed. Login box and access code box seperated
- Login flow for learner improved (create account)
- Learner sees orange status at feedback questions, if threshold is set for question and not all correct answers have been given
- Documentation activity always shows table of contents when opened
- Hand-in button hand-in assignment placed under assignment description
- Hand-in button hand-in assignment now visible and disabled, when there is no instructor linked to a course yet
- QR code option visible in the custom apps and MemoTrainer app
- When the learner creates an account, it is now more clear what information might be missing
- Keyboard shortcuts (Bold, underline and italic) are prevented in the Fill in the blank questions
- Add threshold to question types: multiple choice, fill in the blanks - text, fill in the blanks - drag & drop and matching
- Add exam terms to questions which have been linked to templates, but do not yet have an exam term
- Make external activity available in personal learner advice (optional)
- Create QR code specific for activity. Scan this code in the MemoTrainer or custom app to go directly to that activity
- The announcement widget is removed (had no function any more)
- Export of certificates: if certificate acquired you now see 'yes' instead of '...'
- When importing users via Excel, force password change when user logs in for the first time
- When updating a catalogue product, remain on the same page instead of navigating back to overview
- When reporting on learner groups, the reporting engine only shows courses related to that learners groups
- Able to select certificate code in certificate type of reports
- Force password change via addUser/updateUser calls in our API
- Block name shown in getResults via API
- Changes have been made to improve performance on the course overview and content overview pages, due to increased usage of these pages
- Tenants can make an export of the balance-mutations with the filtered selection
October (25th) 2017 - release 71
- Combined evaluation and knowledge content libraries, no knows as 'content libraries'
- 'Item' renamed to 'Question'
- Able to use '?' in question names
- Relink the links to other content parts in content part/question to newly copied content part/question
- Activity content tab and Sequence and section tab are combined into one tab
- Changed the navigation in the instruct pages
- Changed the instruct assess flow for instructors
- Help button set to own email form with known tenant email address by default (not changed if already changed from previous standard)
- Stripe added as payment provider
- Activity parameter added to SSO
- General (small) fixes
August (23rd) 2017 - release 70
- When creating a new question the default location is the root of the content library.
- At activity content, now choose content via 'Select content' button.
- Change sequence and sections in all published activities,
- Change everything within a published documentation activity.
- At random assessments now able to:
- Make a new attempt only possible after previous attempt has been failed.
- Show the highest score of all attempts or score of last attempt.
- When copying a template, select which content libraries should also be copied instead of copying all content libraries by default.
- When creating a new template, directly create a content library or select a multiple existing content libraries.
- Help button on 'learner side' now always points to studentsupport.anewspring.com (unless changed). The help button on back-end side refers to help selected for Instructors. (quick win)
- Contact button hidden at catalogue product page when catalogue manager is not selected.
- Sound of background video on login screen muted. (quick win)
- Scroll bar added to list of learning journeys of student (+10 learning journeys). (quick win)
- Text changed when a SCORM activity is not finished and student goes back to overview. (quick win)
- List items in checklist are now more readable because of a darker grey color.
- Extern ID added to balance-mutations on settings page
June 2017 - release 69
- Event tab added to overview.
- Instructor can check events and assess learners.
- Can add Events to learning journey
- Access to 'Event' tab.
- IBAN validation check is added to the Money Transfer payment option.
- Folded/expanded states in sections in the activities will be remembered after page refresh.
- When failed for a test, the 'x' icon is now red. More clear that the learner has failed for that activity.
- The number per view in the pagination asset has been increased with the option of '500'.
- At 5 places the '+' icon in the add button is updated into the new style.
- More padding is added to the text lines in the tabs, when the page is still empty.
- Reports: Text 'Last updated' is added to the date to make it more clear it has to be refreshed if you want the latest version.
April 2017 - release 68
- External activity - Able to add explanation when grading.
- When creating an content part - the 'plus' is now blue when no content is present yet.
- Technical preparations have been made for combining knowledge and evaluation content libraries.
- Template overview - Activities and blocks can be hidden (also directly for courses).
- Template - When publishing a drop-down explains what cannot be adjusted anymore after publication.
- When creating a new activity - An overview of features and functions of each activity.
- Catalogue - Able to search on products and categories.
- Course settings - Able to deprive the rights of the instructor to changing the settings of a course (Quick Win).
- Theme settings - Warning added when switching from advanced to basic settings.
Februari 2017 - release 67
- Template settings - Select all at instantiate settings.
- Create course - No longer needed to choose the subscription method.
- Course settings - Optimizations in pagination.
- Search functionality - Optimizations added.
- Certificate - Able to show grade in certificate.
- Certificate - Set validity based on previous certificate expiry date (Quick Win).
- Discussion - Option: only on course level and/or within activities.
- Catalogue - Flow of creating products improved.
- Catalogue - Possible to directly add courses to the catalogue.
- Catalogue - More options to design your catalogue products.
- Catalogue - Option: no authorization required for free products.
- Catalogue - Able to switch on and off.
- Catalogue - Set catalogue manager.
- Demo - Able to switch on and off.
- Student --> Learner.
- Catalog --> Catalogue.
- With only a single instructor linked in a course, it is no longer needed to choose an addressee when sending a message (Quick Win).
- Introduction text Drag & Drop question altered (Quick Win).
- Introduction text forgot password adjusted (Quick Win).
- Content viewer: added an arrow to indicate that their is more information below.
- Optimizations for creating calendar items (Quick Win).
- Reset button added when sorting statistics of a student as an instructor.
- Icons that are only available for instructors, are no longer visible for a mentor to prevent any confusion (Quick Win).
- Possibility to upload video’s in our own video player.
- Explanation added why a template cannot be removed.
- Enable/disable the share tab.
- Sorting on renewal page optimized.
- Customizable help button for instructors
- Back-end logo has same padding on each back-end page.
- Add layering in student groups
- Interaction and design of 'Groups' page now consistent with the rest of the aNewSpring platform.
- Group names no longer have to be unique
- In the column 'Groups' when importing users, you know have to add an External ID instead of the group name.
- Assignment description can now be seen when assessing a hand-in assignment (Quick Win).
- New question types optimized for mobile use (in app).
- Optimized description at create user account page (Quick Win)
- Term 'Reseller environment' changed to 'Subenvironment'
- API changed for using layering in user groups
- Preparations for release end of this year.
- Three new question types added: Drag & Drop, Fill-in-the-blanks with multiple input fields and Matching question.
- Possible to add a single sub-question to a matrix question.
- Redesign of linking Student <-> Instructor page.
- Bulk action for deactivating/archiving courses.
- Students can be unlinked from instructors by default within a course (Quick Win).
- Instructor can be subscribed as student in a course (Quick Win).
- You can indicate if an entire course is completed when a certain activity is completed (when the course is played in another system).
- You can indicate on which activity the final grade of a course has to be based (when the course is played in another system).
- New reporting engine (beta).
- New overview of renewals
- New function to manage renewals
- Save and reuse themes
- 'Personal settings' adjusted to 'Account settings'.
- 'Sender' becomes 'Recipients' at sent messages in communication centre.
- Overview of obtained certificates with possible expire date.
- A page remembers your preference of the amount of results you would like to see.
- Add content parts to evaluation activities.
- Adaptive blocks are made better visible in the learning journey.
- Testing activities separately.
- Certificate expiry date and certificate overview.
- Possible to rename learning objectives and sections after publication of template.
- Alternative end date subscription (extending) now better visible.
- Choosing the delimiter when importing CSV files.
- Select all content libraries at the 'Roles' of a user.
- Instructor groups selected as a standard in the group overview.
- Back-end look & feel optimizations; modern, consistent, usability and future proof.
- Back-end menu structure optimization.
- Personal learner advice configurable
- By publishing activities possibility to activate them directly in courses.
- Export accesscode group information
New MemoTrainer app:
- Supporting plus editor content.
- Walk through the whole learning journey in the app.
- Hand-in assignment.
- Discussions (only in activities).
- Support button has been moved to the right and the support articles can be consulted directly.
- New back-end users get an explanation of features at main pages.
- Style back-end navigation has been updated.
- Design of pop-ups improved.
- Optimizations for input fields and check boxes.
- Look & feel consistent in the interface.
- Optimization for assessing essay questions.
- Feedback form 360 optimized.
- When modifying an activity you will now come directly at the tab 'Activity content'.
- Tab 'Getting started' has been moved and renamed to 'Settings'.
- Possibility to add more then one file in message.
- Messages will be shown in thread structure.
- Optimizations for adding comments.
- Index is moved to the drop-down menu at the left of the screen.
- No index will be shown by one content page.
- Look & Feel optimizations in course part player.
- Optimizations of profile page.
- Google Docs integration
- Possibility to set up a look & feel at the template.
- Adding a title to a course (only visible for students).
- Possibility to sort the course tiles at home by:
- Last active (standard)
- Last active course on first place, others by name
- New design (modern, touch friendly and responsive) of the following screens
- Login page.
- Course overview with Learning Journey.
- Results overview.
- Learning objectives overview more integrated in the learning journey.
- Widgets are expandable.
- Communication centre and notifications.
- Memotraining settings.
- Progress learning objectives update after completing an activity.
- Ability to add the estimated duration of an activity.
- Added German language.
- Progress on learning objectives visible after completion activity.
- On a test with timelimit a pop-up to prepare participants hereon. (text will be hidden if the designer mentioned something in ‘explanation before start activity’).
- Whole image can be set as a hotspot.
- "A, B, C ' in front of the possible answers have an off option.
- Improvements hand-in assignment and external activity:
- Assessment add.
- Learning objectives can link to evaluation.
- Final grade calculate on the basis of the evaluation criteria.
- Enroll students in existing students groups.
- Go through content touch friendly.
- The following improvements are made in the content screens within activities:
- Display questions and content parts
- Responsive design.
- Display of discussion pages.
- View "More information" pages.
- Ask instructor.
- suggestion at the end of the activity.
- Display of progress at the end of the activity.
- Results pages.
- The selection of a customized content part in the document widget.
- MemoTraining settings (adjustment only valid for new registrations):
- Feedback type (adjustment is made in the “Course”).
- Section titles