What are roles and rights in aNewSpring?
In aNewSpring there are a total of eight different roles a user can have. With Roles you can give users certain Rights within aNewSpring. With rights you determine which users can and do certain things within the platform.
Below the roles are being described, accompanied by the functionalities that are available to them. You can click on several of these functionalities to learn more about them in other support articles.
This role is available to the one who created the learning environment at first. This person will also be Administrator. It is possible for this person to grand the tenant role to other users. It is only possible for the Tenant role to see the tab Settings () where he can do the following:
- Editing the environment look & feel (theme)
- Change several settings of the learning environment.
- Toggle on or off the access code field for the learners
- Change the link of the help button for the learners.
- Change some of the mail notifications the learners receive.
- Buy licenses
- Turn on or off the screenreader function (ReadSpeaker).
Only if you have Administrator and Tenant roles, you can give the Tenant role to other users.
Manages the learning environment, but has less rights then the Tenant role. The Administrator can do the following:
- Add new users to the learning environment.
- Assign roles to users.
- Grant further rights to users.
- Deactivate, archive and remove learners.
- Create content libraries.
- Create, remove an copy content libraries
- Change the general settings of content libraries.
- Check the content statistics.
- Change the course template settings.
- Create courses.
- Change course settings.
- Subscribe learners to a course.
- Import users.
- Send messages to learners on course level.
Can create educational materials such als questions and content parts in the content library. The Administrator has granted the Author the rights to do this. This role can do the following:
- Can add content parts via content library
- Can add questions via the content library
- Can create a folder structure in a content library.
- Can add Exam Terms to questions.
- Import questions using MS Excel.
- Import and export content.
- Create (external) and upload certificates.
- Import SCORM packages.
- Create a glossary.
- Check the content statistics.
Can create learning journeys from existing content. The Administrator has to grant access to the content libraries he/she has to use in order to make a learning journey. The Designer can do the following:
- Create, publish, copy, rename and archive course templates
- Delete templates (Templates can only be removed when not published).
- Create a learning journey by adding blocks and activities and configure the settings.
- Use questions and content parts from the content libraries for course templates.
- Configure the MemoTrainer. (What is the MemoTrainer?)
- Create learning objectives. (What are learning objectives?)
- Add and manage Widgets.
- Add glossaries to the course template.
- Add documentation to a course template.
If a Designer is also an Author, he can also create content via the course template.
The Instructor has the possibility to guide and coach learners. A blended, social or game based learning course is needed for an Instructor. He/she can do the following:
- View the Instructor dashboard.
- Check and export statistics on learner, content or course level.
- Shadow a course
- Change several course settings.
With this functionalities the Administrator has several options the can switch on for the specific Instructors:
- Add documents as documentation to a course.
- Send messages to (individual) learners.
- Send general notifications to learners.
- React to discussion messages of learners.
- Assess learner assignments.
- Receive notifications of finished activities by learners.
- Determine which learners he chooses to instruct.
- Add calendar items.
- Create an activity planning.
- Appoint certain activities to learners.
The Mentor is a third party person that can check the effort and progress of the learners. A Mentor can be linked to any course type. He has the following option:
The learner is the one that follows the course. His options are totally depending on the setting the Designer and the Administrator have set for his or her course. This are the functionalities the learner can do:
- Create an account.
- Create a profile.
- Complete the learning journey.
- Use the MemoTrainer.
- Create extra practices.
- Create extra learning activities on learning objective level.
- The MemoTrainer app to continue their learning journey and MemoTrainings when on the move.
- The Reference app to read again available content.
- Send messages to Instructors or other learners.
- Place discussion messages on course and activity level.
- Check which learners are also in the same learning journey.
- Check to which Instructors he/she is linked.
- Check progress and statistics.
- Search within activities using the search tool.
- Plan activities.
- Purchase a new course.
- Go through demo's.
- Check his history within the platform.
The Reseller manages the catalogue and access codes for learners. With the access codes the learners can gain access to courses. The Reseller can do the following for his/her Reseller environments:
- Create a course.
- Change settings of courses and communicate with learners within these courses.
- Create access codes.
- Manage the catalogue.
- Publish courses in the catalogue.
- Check orders and if necessary process them manualy.