Users can have different roles within the platform. Read below the summarised descriptions of the roles.
- Student: takes a course. For each student that is registered for a course, the paid license is listed.
- Instructor: tutors an active course.
- Author: can place educational materials such as questions and content in the system.
- Designer: can create templates out of existing questions and content parts.
- Mentor: a third party who can monitor the efforts and progress of the students.
- Administrator: manages the learning environment. Responsible, among other things, for creating content libraries and managing users.
- Reseller: can create access codes and manages the catalogue.
- Tenant: has the tab 'tenant tab' () from which, for example, credits can be purchased. (This tab is only visible if you have the role 'Tenant')
Click on Roles behind the user where you want to change the roles. Tick the checkboxes for roles you want to give this user and click Update to save changes. Next tabs will appear where the privileges of the roles can be set.
Tabs per role
You can enrol students for a course by clicking on +Course. When the pop-up appears you can select several courses and click on Update. You can also give access to groups, if these are already made. To do this click on +Group. Adding a student to a group is done the same as enrolling a student. The student will then automatically be subscribed to the courses that are linked to the group. Here you can also extend the courses for the students, please read more about this here.
An instructor has to be enrolled in an instructor group before he can tutor students. If you click on +Group, a pop-up will appear with all existing instructor groups. Select one or more instructor groups and click on Update. Read more about linking instructors to a course in "Course settings - Tab: Instructors.
Click on +Content Library to add content libraries in which an author may create and edit content. A pop-up appears. Select one or more content libraries and click on update.
Click on +Content Library to add content libraries, which a designer may create and edit templates with. A pop-up appears. Select one or more content libraries and click on update.
Do you want to add a designer to an existing template? Then add all content libraries that are used in that template when under the tab 'Designer'.
A mentor has to be enrolled in a mentor group before he can see the progress and statistics of students. Click on +Group. A pop-up appears. Select one or more content libraries and click on update.
A user with the role 'Reseller' can create access codes for a course and manage the catalogue. Click +Subenvironment to choose a subenvironment where he is allowed to operate, click on Update to confirm. To return, click on 'Back to users'.