It is possible to add a demo in aNewSpring to promote your official learning journey. Learners will have ten days access to the demo and it will not cost you any learner licenses.
For these steps you will need these roles: Designer, Administrator, Reseller and Tenant. Make sure to also have the concerning rights.
There are several steps to create the demonstration:
- Create a template and choose 'Demo' as the course type
- Tips and tricks
- Publish the template and create a course
- Add the demo to the catalogue
- Add a link of the demo on your website
- Check the results of the learners
1) Create a template and choose 'Demo' as the course type
Click at the tab 'Courses' on + Template and choose the 'Demo' course type.
These are the features of a demo:
- If a learner subscribes to the demo, it will cost you no learner licenses.
- Learners will have access to it for 10 days.
- You can add a maximum of 15 questions and/or content parts.
- You can add one SCORM
- It is not possible to add a hand-in assignment or another activity where an instructor has to assess the assignments.
- It is not possible for learners to discuss with other learners.
- It is possible to add a mentor, but not an instructor.
2) Tips and tricks
- You can read more about how to create a simple learning journey in the article 'Scenario: How do I create a simple course?'.
- Since you can add a maximum of 15 questions and/or content parts, do not create to much content for the demo. Try to make your potentional customers curious and let them know what the can expect of the whole course.
- If you want to demonstrate the MemoTrainer as well, the best way is to add 'Directly MemoTrainable questions'. If the learner starts with the demo, he can directly start with the MemoTraining.
- If you don not want to demonstrate the MemoTrainer, you can delete the MemoTraining widget and exercise widget by clicking the 'X' in the widgets. Further you should uncheck the MemoTrainer statistics box in the settings of the demo.
- By adding custom widget, you can personalize your demo to add an introduction video. Also see the article 'Add widgets'.
- If you would like to find out if the participants want to buy the whole course, you could add an inquiry activity to the learning journey to gauge that. You can put multiple questiontypes of the type evaluation in an inquiry. Also see the article 'What is the difference between a knowledge and evaluation content library?'. You only have space for 15 questions/content parts in the demo. Because of that you could add one question in a evaluation content library where you ask several questions. You can use the matrix or the open question for that. And maybe you can give the learner some discount for filling in the survey.
3) Publish the template and create a course
If you publish the template, you can create a course. See the article 'Publishing a course template'.
4) Add the demo to the catalogue
Add a catalogue product of this course and choose the purchase method Demo. You can find these settings when going to 'Configure' at the product you created and then to 'Settings and pricing'. Here you can select the purchase methods. More information can be found here: Using the catalogue
Make sure that at the tab 'Settings' (you have to have the tenant role for this) the option 'Show available demos in catalogue' is switched on.
5) Add a link of the demo on your website
Take the following link as base: http://yourenvironment.anewspring.com/do?action=addDemoProduct&productId=2
1) Fill in the url of your own aNewSpring environment instead of yourenvironment.anewspring.com.
2) Click via the tab Resellers Configure at the demo product. In the URL you can find the 'Id' and it is shown as a number. Replace '2' with that number.
Now you can use this link on your website or in a newsletter to ensure that many people will check out your demo.
6) Check the results of the learners
To check the results of the inquiry and other activities, you can add a mentor to the demo. With the mentor role you can see the results and statistics of the learners.
How you create a mentor group see the article Managing groups.
If you are a mentor for the demo course, you can check the answers of the inquiry by going to the 'Instruct'-tab and clicking on 'More'. Then select 'User progress and results'. On the left side, select the inquiry activity and then on the 'Results per item'-tab to see the answers they have given.