This tutorial shows you how you can create accounts for learners in aNewSpring.
1) Adding a new user
Go to the Manage tab and click + User.
Enter the details of the new user. Fields with an asterisk are mandatory.
Finally, click Create to finalise the account.
Each email address can only be used for one account. For a new user, you must enter a unique email address.
2) Manage user rights and roles
- Learner: takes a course. (for each learner that is registered for a course, a paid license is listed)
- Instructor: tutors an active course.
- Author: can place educational materials such as questions and content in the system.
- Designer: can create templates out of existing questions and course content.
- Mentor: a third party who can monitor the efforts and progress of the learners.
- Reseller: can create access codes and manage the course catalogue.
- Administrator: manages the learning environment. Responsible, among other things, for creating content folders and managing users.
- Tenant: has the tab 'Getting Started' from which licences can be purchased. (This check box is only visible if you have the role 'Tenant')
Next tabs will appear where the privileges of the roles can be set.
You can enrol learners in a course by clicking on + Subscription. Choose one or more courses from the pop-up and click Update.
Read more about: extending a course.
Adding a learner to a group works the same as enrolling. The learner is then immediately enrolled in all courses that are united in that group.
An instructor must be enrolled in an instructor group before they can tutor learners. When you click + Group, a popup with all instructor groups will appear. Select one or more and click Update.
Read more about: Linking an instructor group to a course.
Click + Content folder to add content folders that the author may fill with questions and content. A pop-up will appear. Select one or more content folders and click Update.
Click + Content folder to add content folders that the designer may use to create a course template. Select one or more content folders from the pop-up and click Update.
Do you want to link a designer to an existing course template? Then select all content folders that are used in that course template from the heading 'designer'.
A mentor must be enrolled in a mentor group before he can view the progress of learners.
Click + Group and a pop-up with all mentor groups will appear. Select one or more and click Update.
A reseller can create access codes for a course and manage the catalogue. Click +Subenvironment to choose an environment, click Update to confirm.
Click Back to user management.
3) Manage users
To find a specific user, use the search bar or select users with a particular role at 'Show users with role'.
Click the button Login as to log in as that user.
Do you want to search with only part of a name? Type an * behind the search term.
A learner may be inactive when he has created an account but has not yet clicked on the confirmation link in the confirmation email. The confirmation email might have been blocked by the firewall for instance.
The administrator can activate the learner by selecting him and ticking Activate. The learner is then moved to the Active tab.
Users who are 'Inactive' can't do anything in aNewSpring.
To clear the user list at the tab 'Active', you can decide to archive users who no longer have activities. Check users and click Archive to move them to the archive.
Users in the archive can be extracted therefrom by selecting them and clicking dearchive.
Archived users can't do anything in aNewSpring.